Spindle warm-up is required when doing the following:
✓ The machine has not been used for a long time
✓ Before using in a cold room
✓ When performing machine calibration
How to do a spindle warm-up?
- Insert a sample milling tool inside the spindle collet. (***NOTE! It is important to have a tool inside the collet before running the spindle!).
- Go to Setup (Manager) -> Terminal menu (Term.)
- Type “S5000” on the terminal screen and click “Enter”.
- Type “M03” and click “Enter” to start the spindle rotation
(If you want to increase RPM, type “S10000” and click “Enter”)
- Type “M05” and click “Enter” to STOP.
- S5000: Spindle 5,000 RPM
- S10000: Spindle 10,000 RPM
- S15000: Spindle 15,000 RPM
- S20000: Spindle 20,000 RPM
- M03: Spindle rotation START
- M05: Spindle rotation STOP